A mixed-use scheme comprised of four buildings, eight storeys in height with setbacks at the seventh floor level containing a hotel, an aparthotel, residential units, a restaurant, and retail units.
The Townsend Street Development is a city centre, mixed-use scheme comprised of four buildings, eight storeys in height with setbacks at the seventh floor level containing a hotel, an aparthotel, residential units, a restaurant, and retail units.
Off-site fabrication was a key factor in the successful delivery of the project. Working closely with our client, Tetrarch Capital, and the design team, the design of the precast structure, production of off-site bathroom pods, and various other initiatives were implemented to ensure the efficient delivery of the project on the ground, thus achieving a fast-track completion to the satisfaction of our client.
Located in Dublin city centre, the development was carried out on a confined site with adjoining residential and commercial properties. Due to the restricted site logistics and space limitations, just-in-time deliveries required extensive preconstruction planning to deliver this project on the ground safely and to the highest quality standards.
- Site setup and enabling works
- Eight-storey over basement 393 bedroom Travelodge Hotel
- Eight-storey over basement, 136 suite/studio Aparthotel (Staycity)
- Eight-storey over basement, 66 suite/studio Aparthotel over ground floor restaurant (Staycity)
- Eight-storey, 21-unit residential block for Dublin City Council
- Off-site construction utilised included precast walls, floors, and stairs as well as high-end bathroom pods
- Complex site logistics due to restricted city centre site
- Overall project managed and delivered through BIM
- A2 BER rating
- 2022 Irish Construction Industry Awards - Tourism & Hospitality Project of the Year
Barrett Mahony Consulting Engineers
Axiseng Consulting Engineers
Project DetailsContract Value: