Design, construction and fitout of a 320-bed student accommodation facility. The overall development comprises approx. 8,200m² of floor space on a confined city centre site
Design, construction and fitout of 8,200m² of student accommodation.
Parkgate at Montpelier Hill is a purpose-built student accommodation facility by Hattington Student Housing. Located in a densely populated urban area in Dublin 7, the development provides 320 bedrooms with shared living, kitchen and dining areas over three separate blocks (Block A, B & C) ranging in height from four to five storeys. The building includes precast concrete frame construction and bathroom pods.
Apartment clusters range in size from single occupancy studios apartments to six to eight bedroom apartments. Each apartment has a designated kitchen and sitting room area for students to congregate and socialise, whilst each bedroom offers students privacy with their own ensuite bathroom and designated workstation fitted with high speed broadband and WIFI access points.
The accommodation offers a range of amenities and secure areas for residents including:
- Welcome reception area, movie screening room, games space and fitness centre
- Study room / classroom
- Communal courtyard, landscaped gardens with recreational space, and outdoor gym equipment
- Design, construction and fitout of a 319-bed student accommodation facility
- Precast concrete frame construction and pods
- Buildings range in height from three to five storeys
- 110-space bike store and laundry facilities
- All works were carried out on a confined city centre site requiring extensive neighbour liaison
Hattington Student Housing Limited
O’Mahony Pike Architects
Barrett Mahony Consulting Engineers
Project DetailsContract Value:
22 months (4 months preconstruction & 18 months construction)