Construction of a new 36MW, 20,000m² high-capacity data centre in West Dublin.
The project involved the demolition and removal of an existing factory roof and façade including hazardous material, demolition of all ancillary buildings and hard standings on a 26-acre site. The new build involved the construction of a new 20,000m² data centre shell and core, utilising the existing frame where possible, along with full MEP installation including a water treatment plant, MV substation, external generator yards, diesel storage facility and above ground distribution. Data halls, electrical rooms, UPS & battery storage rooms, AHU plant rooms and admin areas were fitted out.
The first phase of the project required the first data hall to be completed to full integrated systems testing, along with the admin block and 26 acres of below ground infrastructure and accompanying long lead equipment integration within a fast-track programme of 36 weeks. The remaining eight data halls were completed on a phased basis to the client schedule.
We managed, coordinated and integrated all client direct vendors and long-lead equipment on the project. Additionally, we coordinated and integrated the BMS, EPMS and security systems. All systems were commissioned from Level 1 – 5 to IST.
The project was completed on a live operational campus with a focus on business continuity at all times.
- Full CSA and MEP build
- HVAC systems utilising top-down racking system construction with hot and cold aisle containment
- Specialised humidified water system and backup plant
- BMS / EPMS infrastructure and systems
- Dedicated large-scale fuel farm area
- 1,800m² of office and admin areas
- Works carried out on a live campus
- Coordination and integration of all client direct vendors and equipment
- Full commissioning to IST
Project DetailsContract Value: