Location: Dublin city
At John Paul Construction we believe every project is an opportunity to improve on what’s gone before. To foster that mindset, we hire the brightest and best in the industry, encourage a collaborative approach, and embrace innovative thinking and new technology.
Due to continued expansion, we wish to recruit a Design Manager.
Based in Dublin on our projects, you will play a key role within the business.
The successful candidate must have a design background along with experience managing design projects.
- In conjunction with the site team, manage the setting out of the project with emphasis on the co-ordination of architectural and engineering information.
- In conjunction with the site team, co-ordinating utilities and services from and between the mechanical and electrical engineers and the various utility providers.
- In conjunction with the Project Manager / Site Manager, prepare and maintain the schedule of information requirements. In accordance with the contract programme forward same to the architect and/or engineer as appropriate. Monitor the Information Schedule regularly and advise the Project Manager / Site Manager of progress and problems arising.
- Co-ordinate and manage the technical submittal process for all elements / components required to construct the project, to include the preparation and maintenance of a monitoring system that tracks the status of technical submittals in line with the contract programme. Monitor the technical submittal tracking document regularly and advise the Project Manager of progress and problems arising.
- Prepare and maintain a procurement tracking schedule based on approved technical submittals and approval of costs where relevant in line with the contract programme.
- Deal promptly with all queries raised during the course of the contract. Ensure that all queries are recorded in a proper and efficient manner.
- 10+ years’ industry experience working as a Design Manager on building projects
- Relevant Third level qualification (Engineering or Architectural)
- Previous Main Contractor experience is desirable
- Excellent attention to detail and organisational / planning skills.
- Ability to self-manage, prioritise, and work to tight deadlines.
- Ability to communicate effectively with colleagues and clients.
As a permanent John Paul Construction employee, you can benefit from*:
- Competitive Salary, Company Vehicle or Travel Allowance, Relocation Allowance (where applicable), Company Laptop, Company phone, Pension, Life insurance, Income Protection, Continuous Professional Development (CPD), Access to Lifestyle Benefits (such as Bike to work scheme, Employee Assistance Programme, Sports & Social Club) and many more.
We fully embrace the right of all employees to work in an environment that ensures equal opportunity and treatment with dignity and respect.