Enabling and fitout package for a new Process Science and Admin Building within the live Regeneron Pharmaceuticals Plant in Raheen, Limerick.
We were awarded two packages of contracts as part of the construction of a new Process Science and Admin Building within the live Regeneron Pharmaceuticals Plant in Raheen, Limerick. The overall project provided additional laboratory research and administration capacity for the ever-expanding facility. Works comprised of live services diversions, pad foundation, use of reinforced concrete as well as finishes to partitions, ceilings, floors, and furniture.
The contract scope of works entailed major interaction with the MEP contractors to coordinate and ensure all works were successfully delivered to the required standard and correct sequencing. We were also heavily involved in the design process, with both the client and the design team, to overcome issue as they arose and formulated solutions to keep the project on budget and to programme.
From a safety perspective, the project was delivered lost-time and incident free – one of the main client objectives established at the project outset. This was achieved by the meticulous step-by-step planning and execution of works by our delivery team.
The collaborative approach of our team in identifying possible design constraints and formulating solutions in conjunction with the design and construction management teams expedited appropriate resolutions to any potential roadblocks before they became a substantial issue, thus ensuring that works were completed on schedule to the highest quality, and ultimately within budget.
- The first package was the civil and concrete works for the three storey 7,500m² facility:
- Live services diversions - MV & LV power, firemain, data, storm, watermain - without disruption to the existing manufacturing process
- Construction of pad foundation
- Suspended concrete slabs to the upper levels
- Ground bearing slab including extensive stainless steel process drainage below ground
- Installation of new utility services and tie-ins
- Installation of a large reinforced concrete service yard slab
- Hard and soft landscape works
- The second package was the overall finishes package:
- Secondary steel
- Partitions and ceilings
- Resin, soft, and hard floor finishes
- Glazed screens
- Steel doors and balustrades
- Wall finishes
- Fitted and loose furniture
Regeneron Pharmaceuticals GmbH
Project DetailsContract Value: