Internal CSA fitout specialist for the construction of the Edwards Lifesciences Medical Devices Facility in Limerick.
John Paul Construction were engaged as the internal CSA (Civil / Structural / Architectural) fitout specialist for an 18,680m² over ground facility with mezzanine levels as well as the enabling works package.
The facility incorporates 2,500m² of ISO7 cleanroom production suites, laboratory spaces, extensive administration areas, staff restaurant and welfare facilities, along with the bespoke high-end fitout of an 11m high atrium in the main reception with full height oak veneered joinery panels. There are 242 different kinds of doors in the ISO7 cleanroom including rapid rise and swing gates as well as hermetically sealed sliding doors.
Working as part of a large multi-disciplinary team, ongoing stakeholder communications along with detailed logistic planning and scheduling to identify opportunities and potential issues proved to be key elements in delivering this project to the client’s expectations.
The facility was constructed to LEED Gold standard and was successfully delivered on time and to the satisfaction of the client.
The plant opened in March 2021, enabling Edwards Lifesciences to produce world class catheters to the medical industry along with the creation of 600 new jobs for the region.
- 15,000m² of production areas floor slabs (mainly FM2)
- 11,000 tonnes of T2 and T3 hardcore supplied and spread
- 600 l/m of under slab process drainage consisting of stainless steel and PVDF and 1.8km of radon piping
- 3,840m³ of concrete poured in all slabs
- 16,000m² of drylined walls
- Dry lined walls up to 11m tall in warehouse and other areas
- 112 tonnes of secondary steel required
- Total epoxy floor of 12,750m²
Edwards Lifesciences Ireland
Project DetailsContract Value: