Design, construction and fitout of a new 183 bed acute private hospital and operating theatres.
The Beacon Hospital is a private, 183-bed, acute healthcare facility, built over six floors above a double level 4,000m² basement. The 26,000m² building offers the very latest in medical treatment, with eight operating theatres and dedicated rooms for Neurosurgery, Urology, Cardiac, General, Orthopedic and Ophthalmic Surgery. The hospital also incorporates Digital Radiology suites with advanced Mammography, Nuclear Medicine and Angiography suites. Further services include two Endoscopy suites, an Oncology Day Treatment Centre and Therapeutic Radiography with two LINAC-Linear Accelerators.
The challenging two year programme included for the provision of all Group 1, 2 & 3 furniture, fittings and equipment (FF&E). We were responsible for the detailed consultation, procurement, coordination and installation of all specialist equipment from radiology and radiotherapy through to theatre pendants and ward beds.
The hospital incorporates a pharmacy which includes a laboratory with histology, microbiology departments and a CAT 3 cleanroom, along with isolators with integrated extract ventilation. The John Paul Construction turnkey package included the supply, installation and commissioning and validation of all equipment provided for the pharmacy. The pharmacy was equipped with the latest technologies, including a hospital wide integrated computer ‘Pyxis’ drug distribution system and state of the art aseptic dispensing suite. The standalone, secure, access controlled dispensing unit also provides services to inpatients and outpatients, a clinical/ward pharmacy service to all wards, and Aseptic dispensing to the hospital Oncology unit.
Works were carried out on a busy commercial campus within a confined site directly adjacent to a live hotel. This required detailed planning and organisation, with items such as medical quality pre-fabricated bathroom pod units used to improve on programme performance, supply logistics and sustainability.
The Beacon Hospital achieved JCT Accreditation to meet American healthcare quality standards, complying with the original operators requirements.
- 183-bed, acute healthcare facility, built over six floors above a double level basement of 4,000m²
- Eight operating theatres and dedicated rooms for Neurosurgery, Urology, Cardiac, General, Orthopedic and Ophthalmic Surgery
- Digital Radiology suites with advanced Mammography, Nuclear Medicine and Angiography suites
- The Beacon Court car park consists of 120 parking spaces provided on a single level below ground and two levels of parking over a service area level below ground level, providing 800 high quality parking spaces together with lobbies with automatic doors, stair wells and lifts
- Main structure construction was in in-situ concrete and excavation in hard rock. Temporary sheet and secant piling, rock anchors and underpinning was required during construction due to the proximity of completed, occupied buildings and proximity to the boundary
Beacon Medical Group
PUNCH Consulting Engineers
Project DetailsContract Value: