Design and build contract for the turnkey delivery of a two-bay transformer 110kV substation to facilitate a 13,000m² data centre.
This design and build contract involved delivering a turnkey two-bay transformer 110kV substation to power a 13,000m² data centre. Works comprised the construction of two transformer bays with associated pits, concrete plinths and blast walls, bases and bunds to facilitate the overhead power structures, and installation of 450m of dual circuit interconnectors from the adjacent Eirgrid facility, along with the complete mechanical and electrical fitout and associated testing and commissioning to all buildings in accordance with client and Eirgrid specifications.
Additional works included reinforced concrete and in-situ elements utilised throughout, construction, installation and coordination of large banks of MV Duct, construction of compound entrance roads and footpaths, as well as the provision of fencing, drainage, underground ducting, and precast service troughs.
All works were carried out on a live, operational data centre.
We took the lead on the coordination of all below ground services and the integration of all other systems within the compound using BIM and took an integrated approach to all works by liaising closely with our design and CSA teams, M&E contractor and the HV and MV contractor.
- Two 110kV transformer bays, with associated pits, plinths and blast walls
- All works, including M&E fitout, completed within the footprint of a 'live' data centre
- 450m dual circuit interconnector from adjacent Eirgrid facility
- Integrated project approach involving multi-disciplinary team
- Use of BIM for coordination of all below ground services and integration of all other systems
Project DetailsContract Value: