Senior BIM Coordinator
At John Paul Construction we believe every project is an opportunity to improve on what’s gone before. To foster that mindset, we hire the brightest and best in the industry, encourage a collaborative approach, and embrace innovative thinking and new technology.
Due to continued expansion, we wish to hire a Senior BIM Coordinator for our Dublin projects.
As a BIM Co-ordinator, you will provide technical expertise to implement and manage the BIM process from Precontract to project delivery. This is a great opportunity to be part of a successful, growing, company.
- Take full responsibility for the BIM process on the project.
- Implement and maintain the BIM Execution Plan.
- Ensure all project team members adhere to BIM Execution Plan.
- Establish BIM coordination workshops and report & record progress.
- Record BIM models and their status.
- Establish quality control procedures to check all models are accurate and
- the level of model definition is appropriate for each project stage.
- Identify and document clashes between different models using
- Navisworks Manage, and chair clash detection meetings with other parties to the contract, including design consultants and sub-contractors.
- Advise members of the team of significant clashes, information issues associated with the BIM aspect of the works.
- Record and monitor shared data and relationships between models (grids,
- floor levels and shared coordinates).
- Identify and agree shared technical requirements, software packages
- interoperability and BIM standards to be delivered by each team member.
- Monitor the uploading of information models to the Common Data Environment, ensuring that they are compliant with the BIM execution plan.
- Co-ordinate hand-over of model and data at the agreed milestones.
- Carry out model generation from time-to-time as necessary to facilitate the development of the design on the project.
- Ensure that level of skill and expertise is kept up to date in what is a very rapidly changing environment
- All other duties associated with this role.
- Third level Qualification in Construction / Structural / Services
- 5+ years post graduate experience in related field
- Previous experience working for a main contractor is desirable
- Skills and Knowledge requirements:
- Proficient Microsoft Office (Excel, Word)
- Proficient in Navisworks Manage
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD, Revit MEP, Revit Architecture
- Knowledge & Understanding of BIM Procedures & Protocols
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work on own initiative
As a permanent John Paul Construction employee, you can benefit from:
Competitive Salary, Pension, Life insurance, Income Protection, Continuous Professional Development (CPD), Access to Lifestyle Benefits (such as, Bike to work scheme, Employee Assistance Programme, Sports & Social Club) and many more.
We fully embrace the right of all employees to work in an environment that ensures equal opportunity and treatment with dignity and respect.