Civil infrastructure to support a new 8,692m², 16MW data centre on a 11.5ha site including large scale demolition, specialist ecological measures, major bulk earthworks operation, engineered building platform, reinforced concrete foundations, construction of ancillary buildings and critical fibre and electrical networks, and foul and surface water drainage.
Within a tight timeframe of 12 months, we completed the fast-track construction of a single storey, 16MW high-capacity data centre comprised of four data halls and an administration block.
The project involved the demolition of two existing data centres followed by a huge volume of earthworks and works on below ground infrastructure including gas, electricity and storm water systems. The site also involved a huge archaeological scope of works as well as grass being moved overground.
Additional works completed included the full mechanical and electrical fitout, two-line perimeter fencing and security gates. All the critical M&E elements were installed using a racking system, with a combination of hard wire and busduct power distribution systems also built.
Construction and delivery of MV incomer buildings and MEP fitout included utility company substation delivery and associated switchgear.
The building itself was built on a traditional concrete pad foundation with structural steel columns and featured CRAC and DAHU installations with humidified water systems along with complex process water installation and plant.
- 180,000m³ of bulk earthworks including asbestos contamination management
- 10,000m³ successful re-use of site won chalk material as Class 3 general fill
- Installation of 2,500m of critical fibre ducting and in-situ chambers including 32-way sub-ducting
- 4,500m² of wildflower grassland translocation and protection of exiting grassland outside of the developed footprint
- 4,500m of storm and foul drainage, including 6m deep pumping chamber and five bypass separators
- 2,700m³ cellular attenuation tank and infiltration pond construction
Project DetailsContract Value: