Construction of a new two storey, 9,000m² high capacity data centre in South Dublin.
The project involved the demolition of an existing factory facility, leaving a brownfield site, and construction of a new 9,000m², two-storey, 12 MW data centre. The project was delivered to a fast-track programme over two phases, with the second phase delivered in a live campus environment. The scope included a Cat A fitout of an administration area. Works also included associated external infrastructure, external plant yards, ancillary buildings, hard standings, perimeter security fencing, and landscaping.
The primary infrastructure below ground of MV, fibre and fuel had to be tied into the adjoining data centre. This required these lines to traverse below the existing services whilst ensuring 100% business continuity. This was achieved utilising below ground BIM modelling, risk management and business continuity planning, detailed permit to digs, and low risk excavation techniques.
We managed, coordinated and integrated all client direct vendors and long-lead equipment on the project. Additionally, we coordinated and integrated the BMS, EPMS and security systems. All systems were commissioned from Level 1 – 5 to IST.
The project was completed on a live operational campus with a focus on business continuity at all times.
- Full CSA and MEP build
- Constructed adjacent to an existing data facility previously constructed by John Paul Construction
- Combination of hard wire and busduct A, B and C power distribution system with back-up diesel generators 2.4 MvA 400 v and UPS ten-minute battery autonomy
- CRAH and AHU installations with humidified water system and complex diesel fuel distribution system
- Works carried out on a live campus
- Coordination and integration of all client direct vendors and equipment
- Full commissioning to IST
Project DetailsContract Value: