We are delighted to have been retained by Transport Scotland and Bear Scotland to perform further Scour repairs to the A9 Cromarty Bridge. Our appointment follows a previous project completed in 2017. The project involved scour repair works to six piers. Our scope of work included:
- Excavation of the seabed around the pile cap to the required formation level and slope
- Installation of geotextile to be situated on the dredged surface profile and around the pile cap where specified
- Placement of rock armour on the geotextile in the dredge cut, starting from the revetment toe and building up to the underside of the pile cap
- Pumping of backfill material into the voids where present under the pile caps, with pumped material secured by geotextile and rock armour
- Placement of excavated seabed material at the toe of the rock armour to seabed level
All works were successfully handed over on time and to budget.