At John Paul Construction we believe every project is an opportunity to improve on what’s gone before. To foster that mindset, we hire the brightest and best in the industry, encourage a collaborative approach, and embrace innovative thinking and new technology.
We are hiring a Sustainability Manager to be based out of our head office in Dublin. Reporting to the Associate Director of Health, Safety and Sustainability. The Sustainability Manager will be responsible for leading and developing sustainability strategies across the organisation, including our journey to Net Zero and all aspects of our environmental, social, and economic sustainability.
- Develop and advise on ESG / Sustainability strategy for the company
- Set and monitor SMART Sustainable objectives
- Communicate objectives, requirements and sustainability standards to Senior Management and across all project teams
- Maintain, update and communicate Sustainability procedures
- Maintain ISO 14001 Standard and introduce and implement new ISO standards as appropriate
- Monitor compliance of the organisation in accordance with sustainability and environmental guidelines and targets
- Review and advise on all aspects around Social Value, Ethical Procurement and Environmental Impact
- Manage all aspects of internal and external communication around the Sustainability, ensure all communications are timely, accurate and factually accurate
- Advise project teams on Sustainability requirements at initial start up phase and throughout the projects
- Coordinate and review all sustainability information from projects
- Coordinate and advice on the implementation of the Considerate Constructor Scheme on all projects
- Engage with supply-chain on matters of sustainability and improvement
- Manage all tender and prequalification submissions and liaison with clients and design teams
- Manage and liaise with all representative bodies, membership organisation in relation to sustainability
- Recommend Awards and manage submissions
- Produce quarterly EGS / Sustainability update reports
- Produce annual ESG / Sustainability Report for publication
- Coordinate with Directors on all matters relating to ESG / Sustainability
- Extensive working knowledge of all aspects of sustainability
- Competency in current benchmark techniques and statistical analysis
- Capable of preparing ESG / Sustainability proposals and reports
- Ability to support the formation of client plans to achieve carbon neutrality or net zero
- Degree or equivalent in sustainability
- 5-10 years in a Senior Role
- Understanding of sustainability frameworks
- Experience in embedding sustainability practices and designing sustainability strategies
- Experience in the Construction Industry is highly desirable
As a permanent John Paul Construction employee, you can benefit from*
Competitive Salary, Company Vehicle or Travel Allowance, Relocation Allowance (where applicable), Company Laptop, Company phone, Pension, Life insurance, Income Protection, Continuous Professional Development (CPD), Access to Lifestyle Benefits (such as, Bike to work scheme, Employee Assistance Programme, Sports & Social Club) and many more.
We fully embrace the right of all employees to work in an environment that ensures equal opportunity and treatment with dignity and respect.
*Benefits may be role dependent and/or certain T&C’s apply