Senior Civil Engineer
At John Paul Construction we believe every project is an opportunity to improve on what’s gone before. To foster that mindset, we hire the brightest and best in the industry, encourage a collaborative approach, and embrace innovative thinking and new technology.
Due to continued expansion, we require a Senior Civil Engineer for a role based in Edinburgh on a roads project.
- Responsible for the management, monitoring, co-ordination and delivery of all engineering functions to meet project objectives.
- Responsible for the effective control and flow of all technical information required on the project
- Work closely with the project team to drive the company’s Health and Safety standards on site
- Integrate and challenge design and technical proposals and problem-solve to achieve optimal solutions
- Monitor and drive the quality of setting out standards on the project
- Mentor the engineering team on the project to assist the team to develop their technical skills
- Relevant Third level Degree
- At least 5 years experience in a similar role
- Previous Main Contractor infrastructure construction projects experience is preferred (Roads, Motorways, Infrastructure)
- Setting out experience is essential.
- IT skills – knowledge of Microsoft and BIM software, AutoCAD.
- Ability to work well within a team to collaborate with others
As a permanent John Paul Construction employee, you can benefit from:
- Competitive Salary, Company Vehicle or Travel Allowance, Relocation Allowance (where applicable), Company Laptop, Company phone, Pension, Life insurance, Income Protection, Continuous Professional Development (CPD), Access to Lifestyle Benefits (such as, Bike to work scheme, Employee Assistance Programme, Sports & Social Club) and many more.
We fully embrace the right of all employees to work in an environment that ensures equal opportunity and treatment with dignity and respect.