Junior Health & Safety Advisor
At John Paul Construction we believe every project is an opportunity to improve on what’s gone before. To foster that mindset, we hire the brightest and best in the industry, encourage a collaborative approach, and embrace innovative thinking and new technology.
At John Paul Construction our safety message is simple – Worksafe – Homesafe. Our overriding commitment is that everyone goes home safely at the end of each working day and this commitment extends to the health, well-being and mental health of all our staff, our supply chain, and all others who work on or are affected by our operations.
Due to continued expansion, we are hiring a Junior Health & Safety Advisor for our projects in Cork.
- Responsible for the implementation and monitoring of the Company’s EHS Management System on the project.
- Promote a positive H&S culture on-site with Site Management, Contractors, and workers.
- Monitor EHS compliance on-site and generate weekly inspections & reports.
- Develop, maintain and foster collaborative relationships with the wider project team.
- Influence and coach site team in the implementation of best practice EHS standards.
- Recognised EHS Degree or Diploma (NEBOSH diploma or equivalent qualification preferred)
- 1+ years’ experience in a similar role
- Previous Construction experience is preferred (Pharma, Datacentre, Hi-Tech)
- Ability to prioritise work requirements and handling multiple tasks
- IT Skills – MS Office packages and database experience
- Must work well within a team and be able to collaborate with others
As a permanent John Paul Construction employee, you can benefit from*:
- Competitive Salary, Company Vehicle or Travel Allowance, Relocation Allowance (where applicable), Company Laptop, Company phone, Pension, Life insurance, Income Protection, Continuous Professional Development (CPD), Access to Lifestyle Benefits (such as Bike to work scheme, Employee Assistance Programme, Sports & Social Club) and many more.
We fully embrace the right of all employees to work in an environment that ensures equal opportunity and treatment with dignity and respect.
*Benefits may be role dependent and/or certain T&C’s apply