Lidl Regional Distribution Centre Enabling Works
Enabling works for the construction of a new Lidl distribution centre. Works involved contractor-designed ground improvements, along with all drainage ducting, and security fencing over a 130,000m² site area. All works were fast-tracked.
- Contractor designed ground improvements, drainage ducting, and security fencing over a 130,000m² site area.
- Site clearance including demolition of several farm/industrial buildings
- Contractor designed lime and cement ground improvement technique, over 130,000m2 involving a bulk excavation of over 320,000m3.
- Structural fill designed to be sufficient for pad and the loading for the super flat floor (55,000m2).
- Extensive on site test house.
- On silt silos – cement.
- Construction of 515 no. building foundation pads involving over 3,750m3 of concrete (2.5*2.5*1.2)
- 4,000lm of 1.2 dia. drainage including a D&B tubosider attenuation pipe
- 8,000m of ducting
- 60,000m² of external concrete paving, 20,000m² of external asphalt paving
- Extensive silt mitigation measures – several temporary settlement lagoons.
- Full dewatering geotechnical design implemented
- 2,000m of Trief containment kerbing
Lidl Ireland GmbH
PM / QS:
€ 20 Million